newMoves Fast Facts: Jil StifelComments Off on newMoves Fast Facts: Jil Stifel
By Trevor Miles
Next weekend, KST is presenting its sixth annual newMoves Contemporary Dance Festival. This festival brings young local and national choreographers to the stage to present a medley of four to five short works each night. Read more about the newMoves participants here before you see their new works on stage, May 7-9.
Jil Stifel, Performing Artist, Choreographer
- Jil Stifel is a collaborative artist who works in movement, dance and performance
- She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts with Highest Honors in dance from Rutgers University
- Jil recently collaborated with choreographer Ben Sota on a circus/ modern dance hybrid, Waywardland
- She has also worked with Maree ReMalia | merygogo, Staycee Pearl Dance Project and Dave Bernabo’s MODULES
- Jil’s newMoves piece is named Knuckle Press
- Knuckle Press investigates how shared body schema can allow us to work intricately as a single unit, and utilizes discreet movements and gestures
Visit Jil’s page for more of her work and purchase newMoves tickets on our website.