2p :: Doors Open at 1p
KST’s Alloy Studios
5530 Penn Ave :: Map
“Afronaut(a) travels through culture and the moving image.”
—Alisha B. Wormsley
The Afronaut(a) salon series returns with a third edition designed to spark conversation and incite cinematic exploration. Pittsburgh-based interdisciplinary artist Alisha B. Wormsley curates an array of visionary works that map a journey around the globe, and from the past into the future. With archival films, classic features and international works by artists from Ethiopia, Kenya, the UK and more, Afronaut(a) is a launchpad for investigation and imagination—fueled by science-fiction and the supernatural.
Screenings feature guests artists, including Scott Andrew, Ricardo Robinson, Ingrid LaFleur, D.S. Kinsel and others.
Made possible with generous support from the A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
Pay What Makes You Happy! Make a donation at the door. All seats are general admission.
- Sunday, February 14 :: 2p
- Sunday, February 21 :: 2p
- Sunday, March 6 :: 2p
- Sunday, March 20 :: 2p
- Sunday, April 3 :: 2p
- DS Kinsel and Anqwenique Wingfield – Talk and performance
- Robots of Brixton – Kibwe Tavares
- Last Angel of History – John Akomfrah
- Touch – Shola Amoo
- Afronauts – Frances Bodomo
- Ricardo Iamuuri – Talk and live performance of excerpts from Iamuuri’s stage show A BRAND NEW WORLD: kill the artist
- The Secret of Selling the Negro Market
- Watermelon Man
- Scott Andrew – Talk and screening of Mamma Said
- TBD – Jacolby Satterwhite
- Snow White – Pyuupiru
- She Gone Rogue – Zackary Drucker and Rhys Ernst
- What’s The Love Making Babies For – Ryan Trecartin
- Ingrid LaFleur – Talk
- Crumbs – Miguel Llansó
- Native Sun – Blitz the Ambassador and Terence Nance
- Ornette: Made in America – Shirley Clarke
- Walk to Fieldwork gallery to view Ian Johnson’s work and short talk with Tameka Cage Conley
PHOTO COURTESY ROBOTS OF BRIXTON