KST’s COVID Protocols
To ensure a comfortable return to in-person programming for our audience, artists and staff, KST has adopted the following safety measures for all upcoming KST Presents performances:
- Masks will be required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
Proof of vaccine is not required for entry to KST or KST’s Alloy Studios; however, KST strongly encourages our friends and community members to get vaccinated against Covid-19 if possible. Learn more.
- Seating capacity will be reduced to 50% to allow for appropriate distancing between audience members.
- All performers will provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of their performance. KST staff is fully vaccinated. Performers and staff will be masked when not onstage.
- Our HVAC system has been inspected and upgraded to Merv-13 filtration.
Please note that some KST Co-Presentations and events by our Producing Partners may require proof of vaccination, allowing for the full use of the theater’s seating capacity. Check the event and ticket page to confirm.
KST staff is going the extra mile to ensure that we welcome you back safely. When you visit us, you’ll notice these additional considerations:
- Complimentary hand sanitizer and disposable masks will be available to guests.
- Bar and concession services will be suspended until further notice.
- The auditorium and lobby will open at the same time to prevent crowding in the lobby area. Guests will be able to move directly to their seats upon arrival.
- Houselights will be kept at a low level during all performances to help with enforcing mask compliancy. Our house management team is equipped with communication cards to remind guests to wear their masks properly if needed.
- No hassle refunds. If you’re not feeling well and you let us know in advance of the event that you’re not able to attend – we are happy to refund your ticket.
We will closely follow CDC and Allegheny County Health Department’s guidelines and update our policies accordingly.
KST cares about our community. For more information on free vaccinations close to you, please check out any of these resources: