MY PEOPLE QUEER ARTS – FALL 2018
Calling all LGBTQ+ artists, allies and advocates, it’s time to celebrate. Now in its 10th iteration, My People is an annual series that explores the lives of queer people of color through award-winning films, community conversations and performances. Inspired by KST’s namesake Billy Strayhorn, My People charts the rich contributions and continued resilience of the LGBTQ+ community, and offers a platform for new works and alternative perspectives that demonstrate a strong, active and vibrant community.
- Access to 10 hours of studio time over the course of one month during our Fall 2018 season.
- Access to our Alloy Studios, schedule to be approved by Alloy Studios Manager.
- Production support including lighting and sound design assistance.
- My People Queer Arts artists are provided with a stipend. Kelly Strayhorn Theater recognizes that this stipend will most likely not cover all of the artists’ costs.
Eligible artists must:
- Reside in the Pittsburgh area.
- Be invested in presenting work that explores themes of humanities, technology, and/or social practice using a multi-disciplinary approach
- Identify as LGBTQ or Gender Non-Conforming.
HOW TO APPLY
Use our simple online application.
Applications will be reviewed by KST programming staff and advisors. Notification of selection will be emailed. Additional work or information may be requested for review.
Applications for the Fall 2018 My People Queer Arts must be submitted by Monday, October 22, 2018 at 12pm.
If you have any questions about this program or any aspect of the proposal process, please contact: George Lugg, Executive Producer :: firstname.lastname@example.org