KST’s Alloy School + Showcase | Spring 2019
Saturdays / February 9 - April 6, 2019 | 9:00am - 1:00pm
From toddlers to tweens, enjoy a diverse range of classes that includes dance, acting and yoga.
ALLOY SCHOOL DETAILS
Saturdays; February 9 – April 6, 2019
9am – Noon
KST’s Alloy Studios
5530 Penn Ave :: Map
KST’s Alloy School is an 8-week-long creative and noncompetitive community where learning is guided by professional dancers and master teachers. Our curriculum is designed to teach students fundamental skills in a comfortable and engaging atmosphere.
Classes are “Pay What Makes You Happy” and the Spring season ends with a special Alloy School Showcase in conjunction with our Let’s Move! Family Dance Party at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater on April 6, 2019.
- Drop-ins are welcome until there are no longer tickets available for purchase. Classes sell out fast, so pre-registration is strongly encouraged. NO REFUNDS
- Registration for a single class or full 8 week session.
- Drop-ins are welcome until there are no longer tickets available for purchase.
- Classes sell out fast, pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
- Choose a suggested level, or Pay What Makes You Happy!
Answers to many frequently asked questions can be found in the Alloy School General Information.
For more info, please contact Manager, Alloy Studios & Community Engagement, Desiree Lee at 412-363-3000 or email@example.com.
Alloy School Showcase Details:
Saturday; April 6, 2019
10am – 11am
Kelly Strayhorn Theater
5941 Penn Ave :: Map
For any class that is unavailable please click here to join our waiting list.
- Pre-Ballet (3–5 yrs) Using the foundations of ballet such as alignment, musicality, and strength, the instructor guides children through basic ballet vocabulary and technique.
- Introduction to Ballet (6–7 yrs) Reinforcing the basic concepts from pre-ballet, Introduction to Ballet progresses gradually to ensure students develop muscles correctly as they transition to barre and center exercises. Moving in time with the music and memorization of ballet terminology is increasingly important.
- Creative Movement (3–5 yrs) Encourage your little one’s creativity through movement and personal expression with this class that explores making shapes, telling stories, and playing games with music, body, and dance.
- Contemporary Movement (6–7 yrs) Through the exploration of modern dance techniques and movement games, students will discover a range of movement that is intended to nurture the young artist within.
- West African Movement (all ages) Immerse your entire family in the rhythms and traditions of West Africa. This class offers a rich taste of African culture and provides an amazing, full body workout that you don’t want to miss. Get ready to sweat and have fun! All levels welcome! No shoes are necessary.
- Hip Hop (8–12 yrs) This upbeat class combines basic hip-hop and jazz technique and choreography. In this fast-paced and fun class, students will develop coordination, rhythm, flexibility, and self-expression.
- Family Yoga (all ages) Bring the entire family and practice yoga together! This class offers an opportunity to cultivate emotional and physical bonding while learning postures for the whole family. Family Yoga supports all ages by providing variations in intensity levels to accommodate each student.
- Acting (8–12 yrs) This class is designed to build self-confidence and develop creativity in a fun, supportive environment. Students will build valuable interpersonal and acting skills including active listening, cooperation, spontaneity, physical awareness, characterization, and fundamentals of scene work through improv games and theatrical exercises.
The Alloy School is made possible with generous support of the McKinney Charitable Foundation through the PNC Charitable Trusts
Grants Review Committee, and Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.