KST’s Alloy School
Saturdays, February 18 - April 8
From toddlers to tweens, enjoy a diverse range of classes that includes dance, acting and yoga.
KST’s Alloy School is a creative and non-competitive community where learning is guided by professional dancers and master teachers. Our curriculum is designed to teach students fundamental skills in a comfortable and engaging atmosphere.
We welcome you to participate in warm ups with your student and observe what they’re learning. The season ends with a special dance party showcase at Kelly Strayhorn Theater where students show family and friends what they’ve learned, followed by KST’s Let’s Move! Family Dance Party.
Drop-ins are welcome until there are no longer tickets available for that class. Classes sell out, so pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
Registration is non-refundable.
Tickets may be purchased at the following levels, all of which are Pay What Makes You Happy!
- Single Day
8-week packages are available for each class at the beginning of the season only. You may register for a single day by clicking the specific class name in the schedule section below.
There will be no refunds, all sales are final.
For more info, please contact Desiree Lee at 412-363-3000 or email@example.com.
Classes are held Saturday mornings starting February 18, ending April 8. There will be no classes on Saturday, April 15, Easter weekend. On Saturday, April 22, there will be an Alloy School showcase at Kelly Strayhorn Theater from 10a-11a, followed by Let’s Move! Family Dance Party.
- Pre-Ballet (3–5 yrs) Using the foundations of ballet such as alignment, musicality, and strength, the instructor guides children through basic ballet vocabulary and technique.
- Introduction to Ballet (6–7 yrs) Reinforcing the basic concepts from pre-ballet, Introduction to Ballet progresses gradually to ensure students develop muscles correctly as they transition to barre and center exercises. Moving in time with the music and memorization of ballet terminology is increasingly important.
- Creative Movement (3–5 yrs) Encourage your little one’s creativity through movement and personal expression with this class that explores making shapes, telling stories, and playing games with music, body, and dance.
- Contemporary Movement (6–7 yrs) Through the exploration of modern dance techniques and movement games, students will discover a range of movement that is intended to nurture the young artist within.
- West African Movement (all ages) Immerse your entire family in the rhythms and traditions of West Africa. This class offers a rich taste of African culture and provides an amazing, full body workout that you don’t want to miss. Get ready to sweat and have fun! All levels welcome! No shoes are necessary.
Instructor: Chrisala Brown
- Hip Hop (8–12 yrs) This upbeat class combines basic hip-hop and jazz technique and choreography. In this fast-paced and fun class, students will develop coordination, rhythm, flexibility, and self-expression.
Instructor: Mario Lyles
- Family Yoga (all ages) Bring the entire family and practice yoga together! This class offers an opportunity to cultivate emotional and physical bonding while learning postures for the whole family. Family Yoga supports all ages by providing variations in intensity levels to accommodate each student.
Instructor: Felicia Lane Savage
- Acting (8–12 yrs) This class is designed to build self-confidence and develop creativity in a fun, supportive environment. Students will build valuable interpersonal and acting skills including active listening, cooperation, spontaneity, physical awareness, characterization, and fundamentals of scene work through improv games and theatrical exercises.
Instructor: Kim El